About Me

My photo
Michael seeks to create works that reflect his struggles with the world he finds himself living in, and the commonalities that we all share in this. Desire, Defeat, Acceptance, Judgment, Love, Fear, Time, and Space. Michael's studio is downtown Los Angeles in the Spring Arts Tower. "Happiness is that funny little place halfway between fantasy and reality." -me

Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Said by you though, George"

Has it all been said, written, composed, shaped, drawn, painted, designed...? Well, I have stuff to "say", and even though maybe it's been said by another in their voice, ultimately it hasn't been said by me, and I am not an appropriationist. But to think that what has come before hasn't influenced me in any way, would be to deny the historical line created by those artists before me. And so, in that vein, it has to be said by me.


                                                  Childhood #3 (detail)


No comments:

Post a Comment